• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mass Effect Polls!!!   176 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mass Effect Is The Best?

• Mass Effect
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Mass Effect 3 (With Extended Cut)
  2. 2. Who Is Your Favorite Squadmate?

3. 3. Did Mass Effect 3's Original Ending Permanently Ruin The Series For You?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

Three Questions for the Angry Army...

1. Which Mass Effect Is The Best?

2. Who Is Your Favorite Squad Member?

3. Did Mass Effect 3's Original Ending Permanently Ruin The Series For You?

Three Questions I ask myself every day...XD

Gotta Say...

1. Mass Effect 3 (With Extended Cut)

2. Tali

3. No [it made sense to me, left a hell of a lot to be desired, but it made sense, and it worked in my opinion. Extended Cut is MUCH better though.]

Darkwolf1802 likes this

i loved everything about ME3

the ending is fine, Shepard is SUPPOSED to die, however i do agree that a bigger diversity of "red/green/blue/white" scenario would have been appreciated instead of just a dumb light having different effects on people  ( O3O)

M1k3yVasNormandy likes this

Mass Effect 2, Garrus followed by Tali, only the third game.

the ending is fine, Shepard is SUPPOSED to die, however i do agree that a bigger diversity of "red/green/blue/white" scenario would have been appreciated instead of just a dumb light having different effects on people  ( O3O)

I didn't have a problem with any of those things. There are much better reasons to not like the entire end game, there's nothing wrong with Shepard dying it's not like him dying is a plot hole or doesn't make any sense. I have no idea why so many people are stuck on that as why its a bad ending, everyone could die and it still could have been a good ending, if anything a lot more than four people should have died over the course of three games.

Mass Effect 2, Garrus followed by Tali, only the third game.

I didn't have a problem with any of those things. There are much better reasons to not like the entire end game, there's nothing wrong with Shepard dying it's not like him dying is a plot hole or doesn't make any sense. I have no idea why so many people are stuck on that as why its a bad ending, everyone could die and it still could have been a good ending, if anything a lot more than four people should have died over the course of three games.

heh, figured alot of people are still on the

"dude, shep dies, not cool makes the whole serie meaningless" and blabla

really, crappy reasons just because they didnt want their hero to die

i like when the hero dies at the end of a trilogy cuz it only makes sense after the ultimate battle that the hero gives his/her life

some people played too many oldschool games with the hero surviving everything *cough* Halo 4 *cough* 

"Step Aside" *cocks M8 Avenger with inferno rounds* "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite topic on the Citadel."

By the way i'm fine with dying, just take care of Liara and Traynor for me. I'm sorry i never made it home.

tengabro and M1k3yVasNormandy like this

I am torn between Tali and Mordinbro ;_;7

ME3 original ending didn't bug me that much tho

"Step Aside" *cocks M8 Avenger with inferno rounds* "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite topic on the Citadel."

By the way i'm fine with dying, just take care of Liara and Traynor for me. I'm sorry i never made it home.

funny now theres 2 sheps on this forums, 1 male and 1 fem ( O3O)

no love for Legion in here? or Zaeed?... such a cold galaxy. *shoves Jacob*

Plasmius likes this

funny now theres 2 sheps on this forums, 1 male and 1 fem ( O3O)

he's a clone, turned out wrong.

no love for Legion in here? or Zaeed?... such a cold galaxy. *shoves Jacob*

Tali & Liara > all you newbie :D

(i wonder if it actually makes sense to call the game character a newbie LOL) 

he's a clone, turned out wrong.

derp, not so sure...

look at what i found :lol: ( O3O)

SheperdLove.jpg

I liked the first game, although two was where I got started in the series. Mordin was by far my favorite character followed by Tali, Garrus, Legion, Wrex, and Zaeed.

The ending kinda burned me the wrong way unfortunately, after so much time I invested in the game(100+ hours over all three games), all the things I did to make it turn out just right, I felt like nothing I did mattered in the end. It befuddled the heck out of me for about a week after and I never got back around to playing it again with the DLC ending fix(I sold my xbox and games to get a 3DS and several games). I might dive back into the universe in the future, but not with the same enthusiasm, which is a real shame for all the love I had for the series.

cool breeze likes this

Vastly prefer the first game. I thought two was actually the weakest in the trilogy. My favourite char however is Samara from ME2, just found her to be a very interesting character to talk to. I didn't mind the ME3 all that much when I played through it to be honest, its only when I made the mistake of reading other peoples opinions on the ending that I started to dislike it. :P

Mass Effect the original was my favorite. I came from games like Kotor and Jade Empire and just loved it. Everything after was just a step away from the RPG style gameplay I loved. Even if it was far from perfect I really enjoyed the atmosphere, story and discovering a whole new universe. My favorite character... too hard to really choose because I have so many characters I loved throught the series. Apart from 3... didn't find any of the new companions likeable really. I voted Garrus though but honestly my favorite changes based on my mood.

As for it the ending ruining the series? I've not touched Mass Effect since finishing 3. I don't think I can emotionally go back and play it again knowing how it ends. So... perhaps, perhaps. I have fond memories of the first game though which I played through a dozen times. Wasn't a great lover of the second or third. I completed them both and never touched them again. Not sure why, story and gameplay I guess- not the biggest fan of cover based shooters also the tone was quite dark and am not really into really dark stories.

The ending of ME3 ruined the whole series for me, because all the choices you made in the series didn't reflect back on the ending. In the end, the end was identical for everybody except the color explosions. IMO this was a huge disrespect of Bioware to us, the gamers. Even if it wasn't (practically) possible to deliver a ME3 that offered really different endings based upon earlier made choices in the entire serie, they shouldn't have said (before the release of ME1) that it was (theoretically) possible. For me, it was like a slap on my face, I felt insulted. Allow me to slap them back by turning my back on them. ME series, despite the awesome time I had with it, is over & out for me. 

Mass Effect 2

Zaeed - Come on he is awesome. For love interest purposes though I always go with Tali.

Only ruined ME3. I can go back and play the other two but with how ME3 ended, I just can't get through the story of the game knowing the bad taste it left at the end, even with the extended endings. It's not Shepard dying that ruins the game it's how all my choices from the past games feel like they mean nothing besides use for warassets and even then they don't amount much. Plus the damn color choiced ending, they said they wouldn't do an A, B, or C ending but they did, just color coordinated it. The blatant laziness of just taking a stock photo and making it as Tali's appearance. Everyone was so excited to finally be able to see what Tali, let alone a quarian, looked like and then they just took a random photo off the internet and photoshoped it.

Then there's the linearity of the game. There's no actual exploration of planets that you are on, just linear straight missions throughout the game it felt. Really on the Citadel was the only place you could actually explore.

I could go on with all the issues that three had that the first two games do so much better. ME3 is like DA2 to the series, it is step backwards for the series.

mass effect 2 was the best game with the best ending, Garrus is my favorite charactar cause he's like the only party member that doesnt die ever 5 seconds (Tali doesnt count) and mass effect 3's ending wasnt that bad but it could have been better it actually wasnt bad at all 

LEGION! WHY KILL LEGION?! KILL OFF SOMEONE ELSE BUT NOT LEGION!

Mass Effect 2 will always remain one of my favorite games of all time, and I hold a personal preference towards 3 over 1. 

Have to say the first mass effect was my favorite from the trilogy. As for my favorite character would have to be Kasumi

I went with Mass Effect 1 for the best game just because it's the one I played the most of (other than multiplayer on 3) and it had the best story. Kasumi is my favorite follower, I love the way she kills everything by donkey punching them lol.

At first I was ok with the ending but then I realize I was actually in shock because the ending was so bad...I didn't feel anything. Then AngryJoe's review made me realize even more...how bullshit it is. At no point where it was indicated that the star child was going to show up. Bioware just pulled it out of their asses and then everything I did for 3 games all culumated into 3 color coded choices? It didn't made sense. An ending choice like Mass Effect shouldn't be THAT simple. You're telling me the device to safe the universe is conviently placed right in front of me? That is stupid. Then later I found out how they wanted it to end and how it was more interesting and that ME2 even mentioned the dark matter plot.

ME2 had the perfect blend of awesome when it came to character involvement. You had a large team, each with a story arc and loyalty mission so it matters to Shepard, but in ME3...I didn't care enough for Vega at all. Who is this guy that walks around like we should know him. Also Kai Lang or whoever...Why does the story make it like he matters? We bring back all our previous crew but all of them come up with piss poor reasons for not rejoining. I'd slap the shit out of them and tell them to get on the ship and they'd do it. It's like the game is telling us, "hey, remember this guy you had in the second game? NOPE! not joining you, you get Vega"....thanks Bioware...

Me2 was my fav cherrcter. Thane followed by liara tali ash garrus mordin grunt and jack Kaiden and Jacob. The original ending was alrite just a little disappointing loved it more with extended cut still not great but good

My favorite was the second Mass Effect. Wrex was my favorite, then Grunt and Legion