• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Xbox360, Free Games with Gold

19 posts in this topic

FXbox360 Games with Gold is actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

I actually missed 1 or 2 sadly though, but what I did get I was very impressed with.

The expensive everywhere Dead Rising 2 was one (Along with a standalone Dead Rising 2: Case Files what happened after - 2 at once) was a great deal. A World of Keflings was surprisingly my highlight so far.

Fable III is decent for a bit (It's free so). Crackdown was decent.

AC: II is best in series so far, really fun (Isn't out for PS4 in UK yet, so haven't tried IV - not counting IV)

Halo 3 is a great experience to anyone who doesn't own, BEST CAMPAIGN in any Halo game, even if online is probably abandoned.

Some good arcade games like Ascend were fun and more.

Vegas I didn't like, left after 10mins of story and 5mins of online.

If anyone knows what I missed, that'll be great, I didn't miss:

-Vegas

-Ascend

-DR2

-AC: II

-Fable III

-Keflings

-Defence Grid

-Crackdown

-Iron Bregade

I am loving games for gold too! one more reason to renew my membership each month!  A world of keflings really caught me of guard! its a very cool game to sit and play with family too. Havent played iron brigade that much but its a very good tower defence game (dungeon defenders is the best one IMO tho) and halo 3 is amazing if it werent for the halo series i wouldnt buy an xbox. i have only had those 3 from G4G. Ascend is also a pretty decent free game if u consider it is still in beta. I am always looking for people to play Iron brigade with and ofc any of the future G4G that have multiplayer! 

Spartacus Legends? free today

That's a free online game..

Reno27 likes this

Glad to not have Gold don't want or already own those. Get a PS3 and get like 8 free games a month.

Nasty Note likes this

Glad to not have Gold don't want or already own those. Get a PS3 and get like 8 free games a month.

It's that true? :blink: If so I get a ps3 tomorrow mornig. I've been tempted also by using it as a blue ray player.

IDK it seems like Games with Gold was microsoft's attempt to copy playstation plus. The difference is that Games with gold is a limited time thing while playstation plus members get like 8 games a month that are a lot better than the ones that microsoft is willing to give away for free.

I've found it to be a pretty poor service. They tend to only give out games that are worth about $1 on Amazon, games that are 3-6 years old, or games that very recently just had a sale or were given away free on the PC.

Ascend

Like Spartacus that is also just a free to play game, not part of the gold service.

It's that true? :blink: If so I get a ps3 tomorrow mornig. I've been tempted also by using it as a blue ray player.

As true as I am a nerd, and I'm pretty nerdy.

esbegan likes this

IDK it seems like Games with Gold was microsoft's attempt to copy playstation plus. The difference is that Games with gold is a limited time thing while playstation plus members get like 8 games a month that are a lot better than the ones that microsoft is willing to give away for free.

Exactly what I've been thinking. Most of the  games they've given us with Gold are older games. Where as PS Plus has been offered a free PS Plus edition of DriveClub, along with a substantial amount of discounts, something XBox has only started recently.

Agreed the PS3 model is far superior than the X360 version. As someone else stated, the X360 Games with Gold is ending the end of December. Will Microsoft continue to give free games? No updating news has said they were, it's almost like a last ditch effort to get as many Gold players as they can before years end.

It's not copying +, this is actually better.

I think both are great services in games for gold wich has been extended to well until the 360 is no longer supported you get to keep all of your games forever! And with PlayStation plus you get to rent 6-8 games a month wich is great I love both services and hope they continue

Agreed the PS3 model is far superior than the X360 version. As someone else stated, the X360 Games with Gold is ending the end of December. Will Microsoft continue to give free games? No updating news has said they were, it's almost like a last ditch effort to get as many Gold players as they can before years end.

They have said they plan to continue it

Woohoo, now if they can just hand out more awesome sleeper games or more recent ones then I'd be set.

yep, I read the same some days ago.

I think both are great services in games for gold wich has been extended to well until the 360 is no longer supported you get to keep all of your games forever! And with PlayStation plus you get to rent 6-8 games a month wich is great I love both services and hope they continue

Playstation Plus isn't a renting service. Are you daft man? You keep the games for as long as you pay for the service which is reasonable to me with the amount of games you can access. 

Playstation Plus does offer more games than Xbox Live Gold.

But it's good to see Microsoft stepping up for once

Playstation + only lets you rent them.