• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

morganhurst

PS4 Interface

27 posts in this topic

Hi All , Is the interface of the ps4 any good , is it clear and easy to get around , im an old fart and want to get the Ps4 but my son says Xbone is better . Can any one help me decide.

I havent bought a PS4 yet but soon i will when it launches in EU, id say the UI is way better than before when i saw the youtube vids its more smoother and can download and play games at the same time or when your game is on a download you can still play the game that your currently downloading  its amazing

Id say go for PS4 that my opinion tho most people choose PS4 over the Xbone because its 100£ less  to buy an PS4 than a Xbone, you can trade your games and lend your games to your friends and sell your games ofc some outher resons aswell and has slightly better perfomance over xbone but they are both good consoles i cant tell  diffrance over the graphics or frames

The Xbox ui is debatidly better but there is more going on in it. From my understanding, the Xbox one is intended to be a multimedia entertainment center and the ps4 is meant as a gaming system. If you like the TV features, the Xbox may be a better fit but if you don't care for it, the ps4 may suit you better. There's also the factor of which exclusive franchises you like more.

Yeah the Xbox has advertisements and the PS4 doesn't. So I think that is nice. However I believe that the PS4 UI has dramatically improved and you should have no problems navigating around it. So if you want more power and game focused and would like to spend less, then get the PS4. :D

I have the ps4 and for the most part the UI is drastically better than the ps3. The only problem I see is that it basically has a scrollable list of all of your games installed to the hard drive starting with your last played one. As you download and install more titles it could be a pain to sort and go through games if you have a bunch on the system. Other then that the system kicks ass. Im not a biased fanboy either. Spent all last gen with a 360.

yup I cant stand the advertisements on the dashboard of xbox.

Yeah thats one thing i didnt like about Xbox 360 UI i never liked ads......

Yeah the Xbox has advertisements and the PS4 doesn't. So I think that is nice. However I believe that the PS4 UI has dramatically improved and you should have no problems navigating around it. So if you want more power and game focused and would like to spend less, then get the PS4. :D

Yeah thats one thing i didnt like about Xbox 360 UI i never liked ads......

26922microsoft-xbox-one-review-interface

It's not even ad's really, it's just featured content that you may be interested in based upon previous things you have done, used or visited, it's building a profile of you more or less over time and suggesting things based upon that... How that is a negative thing is beyond me...

You guys must absolutely hate Pandora Radio then, you set an artist in your playlist, but wait, it's playing other music that isn't by the artist you selected! What is this heresy? It's playing music that I have never heard before but wow this is so very similar to what I wanted to listen to in the first place.... Oh wow, it's now playing what I wanted with a bunch of other similar stuff mixed in!

What a terrible thing that is.... If you can't tell I'm being extremely sarcastic and highlighting the over-dramatic behavior people have towards things like this...

Berserker likes this

What a terrible thing that is.... If you can't tell I'm being extremely sarcastic and highlighting the over-dramatic behavior people have towards things like this...

You, sir, just took an 'I don't like ads' comment and over-dramatized it yourself. Three of the 9 replies before yours talked about ads. I understand that people are like this in other places, but none of the other people in this thread have gone all crazy or anything and wrote a five page report on how much they hate ads. One sentence was all it was. Take your sarcasm and move on, please.

And as to stay on topic, I'm not sure how I feel about the PS4's interface. As was mentioned above, the game sorting could potentially be problematic. HOPEFULLY, and I hope Sony notices this sooner rather than later, they institute a games section like they had with the PS3. I miss the XMB from the PS3, but that's just because I hate changes to things I'm used to.

Stove likes this

Though i will agree that people will complain about pretty much everything and anything, the PS4's interface is snappy and small in comparison to the PS3's. That being said, the PS Store is STILL slow to load and navigate through.

Of course, the XB1's interface isnt a whole lot better, with the exact same minimalistic approach to the content on the ''dashboard'' as you call it. It is a marked improvement over the 360's million and one tiles, but what gives the XB1's menu system an edge over the PS4's, is the Kinect voice commands that instantly teleport you to whatever and wherever.

You, sir, just took an 'I don't like ads' comment and over-dramatized it yourself. Three of the 9 replies before yours talked about ads. I understand that people are like this in other places, but none of the other people in this thread have gone all crazy or anything and wrote a five page report on how much they hate ads. One sentence was all it was. Take your sarcasm and move on, please.

It has nothing to do with those three posts or people in particular, this has to do with a completely overdramatized generality surrounding people talking about ad's on the Xbox One UI. It's not even something which should be brought up, this featured content is so insignificant and so non-intrusive that it shouldn't even be a topic of discussion, but when I see people talking about it let alone complaining about it, I can't help but say something.

Reminds me of those ridiculous people who just absolutely lose their shit and act like self-important, pretentious, entitled and perfect humans when someone accidentally messes up their order, or a waitress spills water on them or something like that. There are so many more important things to worry about and complain about in life, you have to learn to just take a step back and understand that it's not a big deal...

Your heart could fail in your chest at any moment, a plane could crash into your house, someone could shoot you in the face for no reason and god knows what else, and you're sitting there bitching out a waitress. A person who made a simple human mistake for something that's not going to matter 15 minutes into the future from that point... I just want to go across the room and strangle these assholes...

People need to learn how to pick and choose their battles and not act like a bunch of pricks and drama queens, this is all tied together even though you may not understand that....

These people..... Oh god....

StonefoxMedia just posted a video comparing the UI for both the XBox One and PS4 and The Xbox interface definitely seems to more that it's fair share of annoyances.  I can't say what I think because I haven't tried it for myself here's the vid from StonefoxMedia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhQLTa_7eU 

StonefoxMedia just posted a video comparing the UI for both the XBox One and PS4 and The Xbox interface definitely seems to more that it's fair share of annoyances.  I can't say what I think because I haven't tried it for myself here's the vid from StonefoxMedia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhQLTa_7eU 

Could this be any more of a biased bash video, the title alone and the first 10 seconds of "fuck this", "fuck that", "what the fuck is this" is just god awful to listen to... I find his contradicting logic quite ironic as well, "I want my followers separate from people I am already friends with, I don't like how everyone is just all together" and then a few minutes later concerning the store he bashes its design for being completely separate entities depending on the content you're looking for...

It's a doublethink and people who think like this are extremely annoying to listen to and hard to take seriously... Some of what he said I agree with, it would be nice to see more detailed system information, it would be nice if conversations were rolling instead of read and reply with nothing showing up from previous engagement, but the rest is just nit-picking subjective bash content.

Do you see him going after the many faults with the PS4 UI and how much flack they are getting? Do you see him going over the overwhelmingly positive things about the Xbox UI? Of course not, he wants to be as out there as possible to stir up the most shit by nit-picking small things. I mean have you looked at his videos? Look at this garbage... The guy is a controversy whore trying to rack up views to get paid by being extremely biased, that is why he and all of this exists...

zR7ONYo.png

If you actually listen to people like this and their total bullshit, you deserve whatever comes your way.... I don't care how bad, these are not the type of people you should be getting any form of information from, it's 10% truth and 90% biased opinion pettled as fact...

The reality is neither UI is completely perfect, they both have problems, the Xbox One UI however is universally being touted as better by far more reputable critics while the PlayStation 4 UI is getting harsher reviews even with the things mentioned that this guy is glorifying. The thing about all of this though, either way....

IT'S ALL UPDATABLE SOFTWARE THAT CAN AND WILL BE REVISED IN TIME! BOTH SIDES!

CQR Myles likes this

If you actually listen to people like this and their total bullshit, you deserve whatever comes your way.... I don't care how bad, these are not the type of people you should be getting any form of information from, it's 10% truth and 90% biased opinion pettled as fact...

The reality is neither UI is completely perfect, they both have problems, the Xbox One UI however is universally being touted as better by far more reputable critics while the PlayStation 4 UI is getting harsher reviews even with the things mentioned that this guy is glorifying. The thing about all of this though, either way....

IT'S ALL UPDATABLE SOFTWARE THAT CAN AND WILL BE REVISED IN TIME! BOTH SIDES!

You know what Nya........  FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You think I'm a fucking tool?  You think I just follow totally blindly anyone who sits or stands in front of a camera and projects their opinion and and swears allot?  I think I can recall someone else who does that, what was his name.....  Angry Jim or something.....?  I posted the link because someone was asking what the interface was like and knew about a vid showing a direct comparison which I thought might contain some useful information, Did i say I agree with everything he said? NO!!!!  Did I say he should take his word for it? NO!!!!!!  Do I do either of these things? HELL FUCKING NO!!!!!!!!

And just who the hell are these "reputable critics" anyway?  I subscribed to dozens of youtube channels official and unofficial alike as well as other threads I've got to tell you, most are favouring the PS4 including... drum roll....... JOE!!!.  Sorry but it's the truth, and how dare you make all these wild assumptions about me based on one single sentence video link post.

Just like before I'm not here to state how I feel because don't have either system yet but I have made my choice and I've made it based on months of careful scrutiny from multiple sources as well as my own opinion and you what I've just decided I don't need yours.  Have a nice day. 

Shagger likes this

I love the PS4's dashboard completely its simple not so much necessary clutter.

I use Windows 8 Pc's a lot and do troubleshooting on those pc's and every time I turn on a game console its a welcome change of UI.

But when I turn on the Xbox 360 or Xbox One it just feels like I'm using Windows 8 again and doesn't make me feel like I'm on something different.

I like coming to a gaming console that gives me a different and refreshing layout when I go to use it coming off a different piece of hardware.

You know what Nya........  FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You think I'm a fucking tool?  You think I just follow totally blindly anyone who sits or stands in front of a camera and projects their opinion and and swears allot?  I think I can recall someone else who does that, what was his name.....  Angry Jim or something.....?  I posted the link because someone was asking what the interface was like and knew about a vid showing a direct comparison which I thought might contain some useful information, Did i say I agree with everything he said? NO!!!!  Did I say he should take his word for it? NO!!!!!!  Do I do either of these things? HELL FUCKING NO!!!!!!!!

And just who the hell are these "reputable critics" anyway?  I subscribed to dozens of youtube channels official and unofficial alike as well as other threads I've got to tell you, most are favouring the PS4 including... drum roll....... JOE!!!.  Sorry but it's the truth, and how dare you make all these wild assumptions about me based on one single sentence video link post.

Just like before I'm not here to state how I feel because don't have either system yet but I have made my choice and I've made it based on months of careful scrutiny from multiple sources as well as my own opinion and you what I've just decided I don't need yours.  Have a nice day. 

Not even going bother with people like you, I'm not gonna play your baby games kids. I don't care about Joe, I'm here because I care about games and want to be a part of a gaming community, to the rest of what you're saying, calm the hell down you're gonna have a stroke... The video is terrible, most of what the guy is saying is terrible, it's overly biased opinion, and your followup post about it is terrible as well...

I'm going to heed what this guy has to say just as much as you because you're equally ridiculous. I didn't make any assumptions about you in particular, that was a generality for people who actually listen and take what these types of idiots say seriously. However, I have reconsidered and I am now directing it solely at you because it's obvious you're within that demographic.

You know exactly what a reputable critic is, who they are and how many people actually take what these people say seriously. They have an honest and fair dialog based around detailed information both good and bad from both sides with no form of bias and come to a well deserved conclusion, they also don't act like barbaric children who swear three times in a single sentence to try and convey some point.

You don't like hearing no, you don't like hearing that the things you trust and the people you listen to are spouting mostly bullshit. You take this guy seriously, I would bet my bottom dollar you're subscribed and can't wait for the next bash rant to come out, you thrive on it... I know your kind, you don't just link this kind of stuff like you did without being invested in it or taking them seriously... You just don't...

Garbage videos, garbage posts, all around just garbage...

Js7ZDwr.gif

Not even going bother with people like you, I'm not gonna play your baby games kids. I don't care about Joe, I'm here because I care about games and want to be a part of a gaming community, to the rest of what you're saying, calm the hell down you're gonna have a stroke... The video is terrible, most of what the guy is saying is terrible, it's overly biased opinion, and your followup post about it is terrible as well...

I'm going to heed what this guy has to say just as much as you because you're equally ridiculous. I didn't make any assumptions about you in particular, that was a generality for people who actually listen and take what these types of idiots say seriously. However, I have reconsidered and I am now directing it solely at you because it's obvious you're within that demographic.

You know exactly what a reputable critic is, who they are and how many people actually take what these people say seriously. They have an honest and fair dialog based around detailed information both good and bad from both sides with no form of bias and come to a well deserved conclusion, they also don't act like barbaric children who swear three times in a single sentence to try and convey some point.

You don't like hearing no, you don't like hearing that the things you trust and the people you listen to are spouting mostly bullshit. You take this guy seriously, I would bet my bottom dollar you're subscribed and can't wait for the next bash rant to come out, you thrive on it... I know your kind, you don't just link this kind of stuff like you did without being invested in it or taking them seriously... You just don't...

Garbage videos, garbage posts, all around just garbage...

Js7ZDwr.gif

Still making wild assumptions are we?

First of all you want to do is continue to bitch and moan about HIM, do it on your own.  Here I'll even leave links to his youtube and facebook because I and nobody else cares.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNCG6CVTPDJ-9Zvmyz6pZQg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stonefoxmedia/203922933096394

Now lets make some wills assumptions about YOU, I've read other posts of yours.

You'r a steambot, a but hurt PC Master Race elitist who wanted the XBox One and PS4 to be DRM controlled, disc locked, always online machines with no legitimate ownership of games because you refuse to accept that you'r precious overpriced steam machine has been screwing you for years.  Do you realise that you don't own a single game you purchased on Steam and if valve decides to get out of the market all the money you invested in that library is wasted?  There just long term rentals and you PC elitists just bent over and took it.  You think you care about gamers and gaming..... no you don't, just like the companies that tried to implement it on consoles. 

But us console gamers stood up for ourselves didn't we?  We chose to actually defend our basic consumer rights and got those policies changed.  Are you actually ignorant enough to believe that Microsoft and Sony would have reduced the price of their retail games to $30 if those policies were in place?  For you'r sake I hope nope not.  For me the next gen consoles would not have been an option at all because as of this moment my internet sucks, I get a download speed of around 350Kb/sec at best so I couldn't use a system so online dependent but you forgot about people who don't have good internet because as already established you don't care.

Now go back to the PC gaming forms at take your arrogant superiority complex with you.

GodPlzStopMe, Shagger and fade like this

It has nothing to do with those three posts or people in particular, this has to do with a completely overdramatized generality surrounding people talking about ad's on the Xbox One UI. It's not even something which should be brought up, this featured content is so insignificant and so non-intrusive that it shouldn't even be a topic of discussion, but when I see people talking about it let alone complaining about it, I can't help but say something.

Reminds me of those ridiculous people who just absolutely lose their shit and act like self-important, pretentious, entitled and perfect humans when someone accidentally messes up their order, or a waitress spills water on them or something like that. There are so many more important things to worry about and complain about in life, you have to learn to just take a step back and understand that it's not a big deal...

Your heart could fail in your chest at any moment, a plane could crash into your house, someone could shoot you in the face for no reason and god knows what else, and you're sitting there bitching out a waitress. A person who made a simple human mistake for something that's not going to matter 15 minutes into the future from that point... I just want to go across the room and strangle these assholes...

People need to learn how to pick and choose their battles and not act like a bunch of pricks and drama queens, this is all tied together even though you may not understand that....

You make me laugh, XD I can't believe you went and lost your stuff :lol: we are saying what we think based on what we experience. If it doesn't bug you that there are ads there or "related content" then yay good for you. But I on the other don't want to see that because it takes up space. I don't want ads to tell me what I want to play. If I wanted to see what was new then I would go to the store or marketplace and look for myself.

Why are you even here? Do you even play consoles? Stop bothering, really...

This is a community for gamers, stop stirring problems, we are supposed to get along here. Not show up on posts and bash on other people

Crazycrab and Shagger like this

You make me laugh, XD I can't believe you went and lost your stuff :lol: we are saying what we think based on what we experience. If it doesn't bug you that there are ads there or "related content" then yay good for you. But I on the other don't want to see that because it takes up space. I don't want ads to tell me what I want to play. If I wanted to see what was new then I would go to the store or marketplace and look for myself.

Why are you even here? Do you even play consoles? Stop bothering, really...

This is a community for gamers, stop stirring problems, we are supposed to get along here. Not show up on posts and bash on other people

THANK YOU!!!!

Man I am so sick of the PC elitists posting this kind of garbage on the console forms.  I don't care what people play on as long as were having fun that's all that matters right?  Why the hell do they feel the need to talk down to everyone all the time?.

GodPlzStopMe and Shagger like this

Isn't talk like that against AJSA ToS? This guy should have been reported and possibly warned for his behavior if continued banned.

Still making wild assumptions are we?

First of all you want to do is continue to bitch and moan about HIM, do it on your own.  Here I'll even leave links to his youtube and facebook because I and nobody else cares.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNCG6CVTPDJ-9Zvmyz6pZQg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stonefoxmedia/203922933096394

Now lets make some wills assumptions about YOU, I've read other posts of yours.

You'r a steambot, a but hurt PC Master Race elitist who wanted the XBox One and PS4 to be DRM controlled, disc locked, always online machines with no legitimate ownership of games because you refuse to accept that you'r precious overpriced steam machine has been screwing you for years.  Do you realise that you don't own a single game you purchased on Steam and if valve decides to get out of the market all the money you invested in that library is wasted?  There just long term rentals and you PC elitists just bent over and took it.  You think you care about gamers and gaming..... no you don't, just like the companies that tried to implement it on consoles. 

But us console gamers stood up for ourselves didn't we?  We chose to actually defend our basic consumer rights and got those policies changed.  Are you actually ignorant enough to believe that Microsoft and Sony would have reduced the price of their retail games to $30 if those policies were in place?  For you'r sake I hope nope not.  For me the next gen consoles would not have been an option at all because as of this moment my internet sucks, I get a download speed of around 350Kb/sec at best so I couldn't use a system so online dependent but you forgot about people who don't have good internet because as already established you don't care.

Now go back to the PC gaming forms at take your arrogant superiority complex with you.

^ this

Too many Ignorant PC gamers still act childish especially this one....

Yeah I don't understand why people have to be like that? I personally do not like it at all >_<