• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheRogueMonk

Microsoft doing this again? maybe?

22 posts in this topic

Microsoft doing this again? maybe?

GUYS I just REALIZED  that microsoft might be doing what it did you macentosh many many years ago

microsoft took the interface of apple and brought it to windows. 

now do you think that microsoft is trying to do the same with the TV NETWORKS? :o 

IS MICROSOFT trying to steal the main outlet and operating system and viewer counts from other outlets ?

is microsoft trying to be the only place you can (not if you want to .. you have to ) find your video needs?

I really hope not. 

maybe, not really sure though

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they are trying to do.

I think you should check your history first.  Microsoft borrowed Windows from IBM, not Apple.  Do a search for OS2.

I think you should check your history first.  Microsoft borrowed Windows from IBM, not Apple.  Do a search for OS2.

Can you help me / us  find the real conflict between apple and microsoft  if i am not wrong there was something microsoft did to apple. 

I will research myself too see if i can find something. Regardless though. 

Can you help me / us  find the real conflict between apple and microsoft  if i am not wrong there was something microsoft did to apple. 

I will research myself too see if i can find something. Regardless though. 

Bill Gates stole from Apple, that's it. and no one cares anymore because these days everything seems pretty much the same (I hate Windows 8 though).

I never used a Mac, nor will I ever, they're too expensive if you ask me but then again I don't want to upgrade to Windows 8. hmmm, companies screwing over customers these days. 

i am very happy with Windows 7.

i am very happy with Windows 7.

Yes, but how long until you HAVE to upgrade..

I'm not sure.

I have a tablet that runs WIndows 8, a laptop and a desktop with Windows 7.  I get on fine with either OS.

The thing is though, far too many people upgrade their OS just because they can.  They treat the OS like a game, where they install it because it's new.  You're far better off waiting at least until the first service pack.  And even then - look at the FEATURES of the OS, and try to answer the question:  "What is it that i want to do, that my current OS won't allow me to do?"  Fact is, WIndows 8 doesn't offer much of anything.

Unless it's a tablet - in which case WIndows 7 sucks.  Having said that, I do think a lot of people made a whole lot of fuss about the Metro interface.  Yes it's different, but since when is different bad?  You can still get to the normal desktop - and while the START button isn't there, you can easily access your apps in much the same way (it's just not a START button).  Frankly, I read some really retarded folk who couldn't figure Metro out - it took me perhaps half hour.

But I won't be upgrading my laptop or desktop, because honestly they work brilliantly with Windows 7, and there's no reason to change.  People should be very careful about upgrading OS's - but sadly they're not.

On the "stealing" thing - I disagree.  It wasn't stealing.  But hey, let's look at how things are these days.  These days Apple patent swishing your finger across the screen to log in.  They sue companies for copying it.  FOR SWISHING YOUR FINGERS ACROSS THE SCREEN.  These types of patents are bad for competition, and are anti-consumer.  It's ridiculous.  If Gates hadn't of copied (not stolen) say, the use of a mouse - where would we all be today?  If they hadn't copied the user interface - which mainly came from IBM not Apple - what then?  Personally I don't think they should be able to patent basic ideas like this.  Patent the code - sure.  But today we have people patently the very idea of Virtual Reality - it's a sickness in the industry from all sides.

FInally let me say - Apple wouldn't exist today if it were not for Microsoft.  Way back Apple were going under.  The US government though said Microsoft would then have a monopoly, and were putting pressure on Microsoft to do something.  They did, they loaned Apple the money it needed to keep running.  Things are different now.

For me Apple is not an ecosystem I have any respect or want for.  From their appalling treatment of workers, to the anti-competitive legal stance, to their taking money out of the pockets of musicians - they're a horror show.  However, they're seen as "cool", so people buy their sh*t....   oh well.

Narrlocke likes this

I have a tablet that runs WIndows 8, a laptop and a desktop with Windows 7.  I get on fine with either OS.

The thing is though, far too many people upgrade their OS just because they can.  They treat the OS like a game, where they install it because it's new.  You're far better off waiting at least until the first service pack.  And even then - look at the FEATURES of the OS, and try to answer the question:  "What is it that i want to do, that my current OS won't allow me to do?"  Fact is, WIndows 8 doesn't offer much of anything.

Unless it's a tablet - in which case WIndows 7 sucks.  Having said that, I do think a lot of people made a whole lot of fuss about the Metro interface.  Yes it's different, but since when is different bad?  You can still get to the normal desktop - and while the START button isn't there, you can easily access your apps in much the same way (it's just not a START button).  Frankly, I read some really retarded folk who couldn't figure Metro out - it took me perhaps half hour.

But I won't be upgrading my laptop or desktop, because honestly they work brilliantly with Windows 7, and there's no reason to change.  People should be very careful about upgrading OS's - but sadly they're not.

On the "stealing" thing - I disagree.  It wasn't stealing.  But hey, let's look at how things are these days.  These days Apple patent swishing your finger across the screen to log in.  They sue companies for copying it.  FOR SWISHING YOUR FINGERS ACROSS THE SCREEN.  These types of patents are bad for competition, and are anti-consumer.  It's ridiculous.  If Gates hadn't of copied (not stolen) say, the use of a mouse - where would we all be today?  If they hadn't copied the user interface - which mainly came from IBM not Apple - what then?  Personally I don't think they should be able to patent basic ideas like this.  Patent the code - sure.  But today we have people patently the very idea of Virtual Reality - it's a sickness in the industry from all sides.

FInally let me say - Apple wouldn't exist today if it were not for Microsoft.  Way back Apple were going under.  The US government though said Microsoft would then have a monopoly, and were putting pressure on Microsoft to do something.  They did, they loaned Apple the money it needed to keep running.  Things are different now.

For me Apple is not an ecosystem I have any respect or want for.  From their appalling treatment of workers, to the anti-competitive legal stance, to their taking money out of the pockets of musicians - they're a horror show.  However, they're seen as "cool", so people buy their sh*t....   oh well.

Nothing is truelly 100 oriignal.. almost everything is a copie ... even people..yes people are copies .. someone looks almost like you somewhere in the world. 

There is no copy protection for children either... its like any man can sleep with a women and bam. . there its a baby.  

its not like the semen goes in and pushes a pass code for entering the womb. 

I have a top of hte line mac pro machine ratina... and ican tell you that windows 8 on this mac is far faster and impressive then osx. I love my Apple osx because it gives me a great choice and if iwndows is down i have an alternative. 

Finally microsoft does something goooood

If anyone can get away with stealing its Microsoft... i don't know ppl hate on Windows8 because the touch interface.... i upgraded to Windows8 when 8.1 came out and i find it a little faster overall than Windows7... i don't mind the stupid UI because i don't use it for anything but shortcuts so my desktop remains clean, don't use the store or any microsoft store app i just use it like Windows7 but it has bit more detailed features.

I find it the same and it works well.. then again win7 worked well also. I don't see what the fuss is about. For what i use it for its the same.

Oh my, somebody stole from apple? How completely unjust! Apple never stole from other companies!

*dripping with sarcasm*

Tukac and TheRogueMonk like this

Oh my, somebody stole from apple? How completely unjust! Apple never stole from other companies!

*dripping with sarcasm*

good point :)

StarTrek71 likes this

*dripping with sarcasm*

good point :)

Tukac your like 2 pak only  with 2 koock  :P  

What did apple do because i dont know.  Tukac haha wha does that mean? sounds catchy 

Eh I doubt it. You still need a cable provider to watch anything on the XBoxOne as far as im aware but that aside there's to many mediums to wtch stuff on now a days I highly doubt Microsoft can monopolies it all anytime soon even if they want to.

Eh I doubt it. You still need a cable provider to watch anything on the XBoxOne as far as im aware but that aside there's to many mediums to wtch stuff on now a days I highly doubt Microsoft can monopolies it all anytime soon even if they want to.

That is why i think it was a really retarded tactic ... are they trying to mak  apple tvs? ... the metro theme is so uggly . 

That is why i think it was a really retarded tactic ... are they trying to mak  apple tvs? ... the metro theme is so uggly . 

Sony makes television's but that's neither here nor there if they wanted to monopolize they would have to have (or buy as spike did) their own network(s) or  create their own "cable" providing company(s)until those particular announcement's come I think its being over thought out.

Sony makes television's but that's neither here nor there if they wanted to monopolize they would have to have (or buy as spike did) their own network(s) or  create their own "cable" providing company(s)until those particular announcement's come I think its being over thought out.

I really dont understand where microsoft is goign with this if there is no chance for them to somehow monopolise anything 

ONE clear change is the adds , you bath in adds whenver you want to game or chat with people. I dont have hte xbollox one yet but what i saw it seems like an add fest. 

I really dont understand where microsoft is goign with this if there is no chance for them to somehow monopolise anything 

ONE clear change is the adds , you bath in adds whenver you want to game or chat with people. I dont have hte xbollox one yet but what i saw it seems like an add fest. 

They are trying to make their devise one that can do everything....But it cant do EVERYTHING well. Nothing created to do "everything" has ever done it as well as one thing that focuses on doing its one job .  This  (not me) video is pretty much my thoughts even though the XboxOne is now out....

If they want to try and do everything ... I say let them.  It will eventually fail.

They are trying to make their devise one that can do everything....But it cant do EVERYTHING well. Nothing created to do "everything" has ever done it as well as one thing that focuses on doing its one job .  This  (not me) video is pretty much my thoughts even though the XboxOne is now out....

If they want to try and do everything ... I say let them.  It will eventually fail.

I think like this is can go two ways now.... it all depends on the future and time  which i think it will either go bad or be upgraded to be improved . 

either improved or loss. 

I think one of the biggest problems i see now for me is that you must install a game and suddenly the game is gone and you cant find the dvd altough its inside the machine and all that ordeal ... HUGE problem * i dont have one yet*