• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sonny

Am I The Only One Around Here Who Doesn't Like Anime?

95 posts in this topic

Freedom of speech doesn't work like that bub, it doesn't give you immunity to criticism and he was being polite too. The point is you're hating on stuff you admittedly know very little about.

Hhaha i even said in my first post im not hating im just curious read the thread before you talk shit bro

if asking a simple Question is a bad thing then shoot me now...

Would you suggest any i should try to watch mostly mature ones if any

I personally think fullmetal alchemist is a great one for ppl that aren't into anime. Not very many culture references, if any, so its easy to understand in that aspect, it can be funny but is also mature and almost graphic at times, and the story and cliffhangers and amazing.

Another action/mature one would be Attack on Titan. I just started watching this one myself but I am hooked. Some ppl may think its a tad weird but its pretty tame story wise as far as anime goes. But its an interesting story idea and the action/suspense/horror is pretty freaking awesome. Also kinda graphic.

Alot of people would probably suggest naruto or bleach or somthing. Dont start with those, they are ridiculously long and just.. not good started animes.

I've said before to other people who asked about anime to try specific genre because most people who thinks of anime most likely have seen only the "kid" stuff, which I still watch today. If they asked for certain types of anime, I'd suggest something. I'd even suggest horror and there is a couple I know of that is creepy to watch.

I've said before to other people who asked about anime to try specific genre because most people who thinks of anime most likely have seen only the "kid" stuff, which I still watch today. If they asked for certain types of anime, I'd suggest something. I'd even suggest horror and there is a couple I know of that is creepy to watch.

i checked out some of them ones you sent me they look alright

its just an art style with spiky hair and way too feminine men

If this is really what you think about anime, you are sorely mistaken. Anime is just an animated series, even Mass Effect had an anime.

"feminine men"

Never thought of Goku as a feminine character, ha.
You've only seen one anime which wasn't to your liking and immediately you dislike anime? it's the same as me starting to dislike TV shows after watching Game of Thrones. You're entitled to your own opinion I get that but still it's weird how you judge it just like that, (even though this was already sort of mentioned in the comments I felt like I had to say something as well).

Try watching anime more to your liking, if you wish to not watch anime at all, then don't.
I watch anime a lot and several are to my liking (several genres), except for Shoujo (which means a Girl is the protagonist in which it becomes fairly feminine and female problems are discussed more).

well thats it

edit: check out this one, Ultimate Hellsing, it's gory and awesome if you ask me

PyroGamer likes this

Anime is no longer with me and never will be!

i was asking i have the right to freedom of speech so dont talk to me like i should shut my mouth about what i want to know

I swear, I only ever hear people bring up freedom of speech when they don't want to get in trouble or be criticized for what they say.

Hhaha i even said in my first post im not hating im just curious read the thread before you talk shit bro

if asking a simple Question is a bad thing then shoot me now...

You say that all you're doing is asking a question, when you even said in your original post "there's no reason for it!". I wasn't telling you to shut the hell up, I was saying the fact that people enjoy anime shouldn't even concern you or make you mad. Why waste time in stressing over the tiniest shit that shouldn't even concern you? People are entertained by it, yet you said that there's no reason for it and it's too big of a "trend". Then you try and flip it around and say "Oh, I'm just curious guys. Just asking a simple question." What you were doing was hating

From what I understand, others have opened up your eyes a bit to all of the different genres of anime and I'm guessing you might try some out. But don't act like you weren't hating on anime in the beginning. And don't get so defensive over what I said, because as Auron stated, I was actually polite in what I said.

Gone too and Renegade like this

I swear, I only ever hear people bring up freedom of speech when they don't want to get in trouble or be criticized for what they say.

You say that all you're doing is asking a question, when you even said in your original post "there's no reason for it!". I wasn't telling you to shut the hell up, I was saying the fact that people enjoy anime shouldn't even concern you or make you mad. Why waste time in stressing over the tiniest shit that shouldn't even concern you? People are entertained by it, yet you said that there's no reason for it and it's too big of a "trend". Then you try and flip it around and say "Oh, I'm just curious guys. Just asking a simple question." What you were doing was hating

From what I understand, others have opened up your eyes a bit to all of the different genres of anime and I'm guessing you might try some out. But don't act like you weren't hating on anime in the beginning. And don't get so defensive over what I said, because as someone else stated, I was actually polite in what I said.

I second this

Gone too likes this

im not trying to hate IM JUST REALLY CURIOUS

But you were hating in the previous four lines. It really sounds like you're mad at something.

If we are talking about new age anime...i totaly aggree.It is crap.Now if we are talking older stuff it looks more like quality animation.The plots/stories told are beter too.Could be that i am older but even if people would call animated movies , like Akira,Nausicaa of the valley of the wind,Princess Mononoke and other old stuff, anime i could never put them in the same category as the crap some of you watch today.

Princess-Mononoke-Poster-scene.jpeg

You are saying this while madoka magica exists, sorry but you are wrong. New anime is better fffs XD

Not a fan myself but I do love cheesy b-movies so I can't judge anyone.

Convinced my wife to watch Sharktopus with me ..... she was not amused.

vanhoe likes this

Not a fan myself but I do love cheesy b-movies so I can't judge anyone.

Convinced my wife to watch Sharktopus with me ..... she was not amused.

1279704645_sharktopus.gif

tumblr_m34785lQt61qi0kfro1_500.gif

Gashunk! Here's the Sharktopus's cousin. (spoilered because you may get headache from watching the gif)

I see anime is just as bad as b-movies.

Sharks on legs, giant spiders and other bizarre creatures that were created with the "what could possibly go wrong" mind set.

vanhoe likes this

Don't hate on OP you nerds. He's just wants to know why grown up man/woman still watches those chinese cartoons. I could ask the same question about the bronies.

really just really *facepalm*

what? its SO true the facial expressions and "eternal never ending actions" are terribly exaggerating >.>

i feel like i lose iq of if a watch them its like so all over the place it makes no sense i guess if i was high it would giggle a bit then have nightmares

if you ask me, animes arent for people with high IQ O.o

the fact it uses twice or more explainations for every single actions is simply pointless for people with IQ the reason is the brain finds it repetitive and dumb, quite normal

doesnt means anime fans are dumb by any means tho, however if you look at Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawkings or any other physicists they arent actually fans of animes

so i dont like animes, no hatin :)

vanhoe likes this

i also only like a certain kind of anime. i dont like those that are too silly

i also only like a certain kind of anime. i dont like those that are too silly

yeh its all about the mentality

the only kind of anime i can barely stand is extreme humor animes cuz these are seriously hilarious but in general even those are often using the silly "eternal actions" or "extreme facial expression" which really annoys the crap out of my brains '_'

Don't hate on OP you nerds. He's just wants to know why grown up man/woman still watches those chinese cartoons. I could ask the same question about the bronies.

He was hating on anime. Like I said before, I don't even watch it. I don't know why what other people find entertaining or what they are really interested in concerns anybody. It's just an innocent interest that they have. The only time something like that would get irritating for me is if they were shoving it down my throat constantly and insulting me if I didn't like it.

no i also dont like animes, especially japanese animes :3 

hey just annoy me with all the maniac facial expressions *_*

Are you kidding me? There is only japanese anime. It's a japanese style of animating. It's literally only a google search away.

what? its SO true the facial expressions and "eternal never ending actions" are terribly exaggerating >.>

the fact it uses twice or more explainations for every single actions is simply pointless for people with IQ the reason is the brain finds it repetitive and dumb, quite normal

doesnt means anime fans are dumb by any means tho, however if you look at Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawkings or any other physicists they arent actually fans of animes

so i dont like animes, no hatin :)

Everything that you just used to back up that statement literally proves nothing. And like other posters have done, you generalized every genre of anime. I've actually seen an anime where nothing is "terribly exaggerating".

-snip-

>Yes it's true that I committed the logical fallacy of hasty generalization, but it wasn't far off from the fact that the majority of anime are serials, especially the popular ones.

The more popular ones are massive series, about 90% of them are about a season long dude. 

>And why do you say that you're not telling anyone to watch anime when a few lines above that sentence you criticized a guy for not wanting to watch anime?

I didn't bitch him out about not liking anime, I bitched him out for making a shit generalizations and stereotypes. I hate stereotypes with a passion because of a bunch of irl shit. I could see how that'd be confused though, I wasn't exactly clear because I was in full rant mode.

>"And who cares if it's feminine?" Duh, the people who dislike anime! 

This is actually another debate I really don't want to get into. And I said not all anime are feminine in the first place. 
>And quit telling people why their reasons are illogical or whatever, they're still reasons no matter how stupid they sound.
B-But, I hate it when people have stupid reasons for not liking things I like ;-;

>But what you're doing is bashing the people who dislike anime; that's not cool. 
I tend to lace most of my arguments with ad hominem just because I like to argue that way, especially when it comes down to things that really are not important, like anime. That's just my style yo', I like to argue. And the guy was implying people who watch it are less masculine and less mature, bashing far more people than I did in my rant. It was my bad for being such an ass dude either way. 

ur a nerd nerd. gimme ur lunch mony lik u shuld u stupid nerd. an do my homwrk becuz im jock u stupid nerd. 

nice b8 m8

so i dont like animes, no hatin  :)

Yes, anime, the most watched thing in Japan, is for stupid people. While Japanese is 16 spots ahead of us for average IQ. (http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/) Whose 5th in reading, 4th in maths, and 2nd in science. And just because something doesn't challenge your brain doesn't mean it's for stupid people. 

Are you kidding me? There is only japanese anime. It's a japanese style of animating. It's literally only a google search away.

you have to be trolling, that arguement was completely unnecessary

Everything that you just used to back up that statement literally proves nothing. And like other posters have done, you generalized every genre of anime. I've actually seen an anime where nothing is "terribly exaggerating".

read again, i generalized the animes in general with few exceptions i unclearly mention

sorry dude but you sound like one of these annoying youtube trolls who debate over nothing :|