• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

darkonix23

2 words "Dragon Age"

22 posts in this topic

I am a hardcore dragon age fan played and ended both dragon age origin and dragon age 2 multiple times Have all The DLCs and got a platinum trophy which is equivalent to getting all The achievements for Xbox

I thought Dragon Age Origins was pretty eeh.

The best story by far was to play a Dalish Elf and then refuse the call to adventure because it provided the best drama for the starting story in my opinion. That's not to say the Human was bad, it was good and very stock but I still liked it because Dog. And Dog is the best companion ever. Being a Dwarf noble is hilarious because of the opportunity to be a complete ass with "Why is this commoner talking to me?"

But overall, Dragon Age Origins just had me saying "Well, this is from this fantasy. This is from that fantasy. Oi, that's that fantasy - And they've all told it better before."

Now Dragon Age 2 however, I haven't played through it but I have seen it's storyline and I have played it and I do own it, is in my opinion the far superior game because it just kicks the whole "Saving the world" out the door in favor of "You're just some douche in a shitty town, enjoy" which far more resonates with me. My only complaint is that you can only save your brother by picking the Mage class and only, the Mage class. If you ask me, they should had put that as a random chance instead, or a selectable option at the start of the game.

The 3D animated movie... I still need to write a review of it but let's just make it quick by saying..
It's bad. The End.

As for the coming game, I cannot tell if it will be good or bad but if anything, I'm hoping for being good and fun.

That about sums it up its a good strategic RPG Game and even better story line to top it Off but they do gotta do something about those graphics

In my oppinion Dragon age origins was better, it had a better story, it was mor epic and it also was the begining of this epic franchise, it also had many nice quests. The second on the other hand was so so, my bigest problem was that it locked you in one place, though it had better combat the story was downgraded to a fight, also i did not like the characters other than the mage(i dont remember his name), he was fun to be around, and maby the Gypsy theef, the endings were dissapointing and i did not like the lack of fights with dragons and fiends.

Origins was better in every little aspect. I loved playing it and had much fun with all the characters etc. but I did not even finish 2 because it was just a shadow of its former glory

First game was a pretty decent RPG. Second game is worse in every way. Terrible combat, tiny recycled maps, wall spawned enemies, bad story, just not good in general.

I'm a fan of Dragon Age: Origins, I'm not a fan of "Electronic Arts Age 2".

Dragon Age: Inquisition looks promising from what I've seen. At this point I don't care that Inquisition retained the action combat elements from DA2. I just want a good game From BioWare, it has been a while.

Basicly i want to know everyons thoughts on the new DragonAge comming out

I really hope it's better than Dragon Age 2. The characters weren't quite as developed (in my opinion) as the characters from the first one, and I didn't appreciate not being able to pick which character I was. I preferred the map from the first game, it just seemed broader and the places were more interesting. Dragon Age 2 wasn't terrible, I just liked the first one better

Also the combat in 2 was just wrong in my eyes. A guy with a massive two handed sword and plate mail jumping around like an athlete just doesn't work to me

DAO is one of my favorite games, i played it through quite a few times, i personally loved every aspect of the game. DA2 was a letdown, the story was just as boring as the gameplay.

But my biggest disappointment is still not DA2, but the Awakening DLC for DAO, it was just terrible. It felt like those awful vhs-only sequel movies in the 80's.

Inquisition is promising, the gameplay videos look nice, and i hope the story and the characters will be just as good.

I'm playing Bioware games since Baldur's gate, and recently they gave a few reasons to lose my trust in them, but they're still one of my favorite developers, i really, REALLY do hope they won't fuck this up.

I'm a fan of Dragon Age: Origins, I'm not a fan of "Electronic Arts Age 2".

Dragon Age: Inquisition looks promising from what I've seen. At this point I don't care that Inquisition retained the action combat elements from DA2. I just want a good game From BioWare, it has been a while.

I second this,

Dragon Age 2 was... "fun" I guess. But didn't look at it right after I finished it on the 360. Let's hope the next installment is waaay better because it can.

I want dragon age: inquisition, to have a AMAZING STORY LINE! and i want you to get attached to your party members (not like in Dragon age 2, in dragon age 2 i would let them all die in the blink of a eye) and have some bad ass combat animations!  and of course *whispers* the romance  :wub:

I enjoyed DA Origins, but haven't played 2 yet.  Thought about it a few times but have been distracted by other games.  

Ye I agree I think combat should be more realistic rather than huge swords and jumping around, I mean u want a lil' artistic license but its gota seem real lol 

I Played the first one and enjoyed it quite a bit. Good characters, good story and decent combat. I haven't played the 2nd except for the demo, so I can't accurately comment on that. Perhaps I'll try to play it at some point.

Inquisition is looking good so far and I hope it is. I'll be keeping an eye on it and if I hear good things when it comes out, I'll certainly pick it up.

Loved DA:O I've played it numerous times, just to figure out the best storyline for my character and change appearance until I had someone I really liked. As for DA2, it was meh to me. Overall on it's own it isn't a bad game but compared to DA:O, it was a step backwards in many ways. Only real thing I like about DA2 were the companion characters and the story for the qunari. Really the only purpose DA2 had was to be a prologue for the next game, Dragon Age Inquisition.

I really am looking forward with Dragon Age Inquisition. They seem no acknowledge the mistakes of DA2 and are working towards a better game. So far they have said they have a bigger world then all the areas of DA:O and DA2 combined, combat looks pretty great, plus we get tactical combat back, then there are mounts they have announced, choices seem to have far bigger impact, returning characters from the other two games, and finally selectable character races. So going to do a female qunari mage, biggest outcast there could ever be I think, even more then elves are.

loved both game dragon age orgines was an awesome game had an amazing story that let you chose from several out comes i like the game play system im not going to lie i liked dragon age 2 system better but the story lacked a bit and i feel they could have done way better it felt more like a little part they had to make to make the next game make any sense as for the new one coming out i look forward to it i love dragon age and i cant wait if they add amazing story like orgines then add the battle system like in dragon age to but a bit upgraded you will have a good game right there and i cant wait  

I enjoyed both games, and am interested to see how the third game will be. With all the flak they caught after DA2, it will interesting to see what they change. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I only played DAO because of ME1 and it was just ok for me not that spectacular at all. DA2 was very fun expacially the combat, but got boring after one or two playthrough I missed the thing which made DAO fun to play, namely the chance to see the world in differant species POV. I heard it will be the same with DA3 and it also have an open world plus Varic plus Cassandra. OMG THE GAME WILL BE SO AWESOME.................................nerd dance!

As an old-school Bioware fan (Someone who thinks Baldur's Gate 2 is the best written RPG of all time) they first one was a nice breath of fresh air into the CRPG genre. The second one was a joke. The game was laughably easy, the story was blah the area to explore was terrible. The action was okay, but the level up system was pretty much garbage; athough, it was better than the first. I used to love BIoware, but they have really a lot of work to do before I become a Bioware day one purchaser again. 

I have mixed feelings on it. The first game was basically a dumbed down Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale with a worse engine then KOTOR when it came to looks and animations and Baldurs Gate when it came to ease of control. The writing and characters certainly wasn't on the level of Baldurs Gate or Planescape so while I thought it was good I was hoping it would have been better. The second game had better writing and relationships between characters with liking each other or rivalry but ended at a disappointing time, had poor environments, and had ninja enemies jumping off roofs to be slaughtered. I was kind of happy they changed the combat since the first game just reminded me of a difficult to control infinity engine game with a lot less options. I'm hoping the new game can take what was good about both and improve to make something great.