• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rainversey

What languages are you proficient with or want to learn, and think is beautiful?

58 posts in this topic

As the topic states, What languages are you proficient with or want to learn, and think is beautiful?

For me, as a young kid I set out to learn English as fast and good as I could. It was the only thing at school I ever gave a damn about more or less. The second language I wanted to learn but I just couldn't wrap my head around it (probably due to bad teacher) was French, that's a language I can appreciate and I would like to learn but not necessarily out of it being beautiful just that I like to learn - speaking of, is there any French on this forum? I'd need to know a few sentences..

Other languages I like and try to learn include Japanese because I find it beautiful with an horrible ugly and stupid writing language (I'm looking at you Hiragana, Kanji and Katakana), Chinese and Korean. My aunt has actually been the biggest inspiration in my life when it comes to wanting to learn languages because she'd always know a bunch of foreign words and tell them to me. Even today she has some inspiration to my life.

So! How about you?

TK_Munch likes this

I speak English, Spanish and some Portuguese. I never planned to but the majority of my co workers...ugh ......aren't fluent in English so by default I had to learn to communicate.

Personally I would love to really speak  and read Japanese since most of my hobbies revolve around the culture.

DeathBat22 likes this

Well, in The Netherlands they teach you English from 5th grade/form of Elementary School till 12th grade/form of High School. They also teach us German, French, Spanish, Latin and Classic Greek.

English is just so normal for me. I even think and speak in English if I can't find the words in Dutch.

I speak 4 languages (English, Dutch, Spanish & French). Seeying how I don't use my French in my daily life and witnessing how the quality of it drops with each year passing by... I don't really feel like learning languages I don't plan to use in my daily life. 

Still I always wanted to be able to speak Italian, I like the language for the intonations it has & to communicate with the beautifull Italian women :P  Furthermore I would love to visit Japan some day in my life, so being able to speak Japanese would be like_a_boss :D 

Hulk likes this

I'd want to learn French. 

I plan on picking up Japanese once summer 2014 starts. :3

I speak 4 languages (English, Dutch, Spanish & French). Seeying how I don't use my French in my daily life and witnessing how the quality of it drops with each year passing by... I don't really feel like learning languages I don't plan to use in my daily life. 

Still I always wanted to be able to speak Italian, I like the language for the intonations it has & to communicate with the beautifull Italian women :P  Furthermore I would love to visit Japan some day in my life, so being able to speak Japanese would be like_a_boss :D 

Where did you teach yourself the Dutch language? Is it a class you can choose at school or do you practise it from a family member who is for one part Dutch?

English and Spanish though the Spanish is a bit rusty. I would like to eventually learn Japanese went I get more free time.

I speak Dutch and English, but i prefer English. And i taught English myself by watching TV. Because as a kid we only had subtitles and not everything like nowadays was dubbed. I could speak English before i even had English lessons. For the rest i can speak a little bit of German. Maybe i want to learn Spanish later on in life but for now i have no need for it. 

I speak Swedish and English. I understand spoken german and french decently well but can't really speak them myself.

I want to learn japanese and korean for a lot of different reasons and am looking to start a class at the start of 2014 for japanese.

i want to learn Swedish, German, Japanese and Sign. i only know Aussie English

I just spent the last couple of years studying Japanese. Incredibly confusing and borderline nonsensical at times. When I get back to the states I'll probably pick up French again. 

I speak fluently in Swedish, English, Chinese ( three dialect) , Vietnamese and some German. Languages I would love to learn would be French, Italian, Spanish, Czech and maybe Turkish.

I only speak English and Spanish fluently. I also understand Italian but speaking it and writing it doesnt come easy since I didnt kept at it. Trying to learn the language I mean. I think French sounds nice but not sure if its because mostly I have heard girls speaking it and I thought it was sexy or actually genuinely interested in the language.

I want to become fluent in German. The American school system has failed to gain my interest for Spanish so, yeah.

Where did you teach yourself the Dutch language? Is it a class you can choose at school or do you practise it from a family member who is for one part Dutch?

Hahaha :lol: 

Dutch is 1 of the 3 official languages of Belgium, aside of French and German. Living in the north of Belgium, it's normal I speak Dutch :D Here in the north you can't go to school and not learn Dutch :D If I were to live in the south, I would have spoken much more French since people tend to speak French there instead of Dutch. 

Well I know English and Spanish and at my school for foreign languages they have spanish and french so I might pick up french if I don't take the lazy route of spanish.

I know Spanish, since it's the official language of my country, and English, because games and tv. I want to learn Japanese then some French.

I can speak a bit of German, barely anything because i learned it in school years ago now.

I'd love to learn Japanese & Russian because they both sound cool & i do have some Japanese games & movies which i'd like to be able to understand.

I can speak English and Vietnamese, don't know how to read Vietnamese though, wish I could learn. I am currently learning Japanese and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's fun. I always thought about French and Italian as a language to learn as I enjoy listening to anyone who speaks it.

I Can Speak Welsh And English Fluently and right it  (Grew up learning both Languages)and i learnt Japanese over a period of 2 and a half year period of private lessons in the military at least i got something out of being in the army 

I can speak English. Some Sign-language, Some (very limited) Japanese and very limited Spanish.  I'd like to learn how to speak Japanese fluently or French. Both which I find very pretty. I also think Cantonese is really nice. I wouldn't mind learning that or Mandarin as well. 

I speak Danish (native tongue) and English equally fluently. Other than that I can only speak a little bit of German, basically only order food and large beers.

But I can understand portions of Norwegian and Swedish as well, if they speak really slowly, but I'd quite like to learn both languages more fluently.