• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mikahebat

Is it still worth it to buy a PS3 now that PS4 is already out?

19 posts in this topic

Hi! So I have been a long time PC user. However, with the Persona 5 release announced, I am inclined on getting a PS3 for cheaper especially since PS4 is not backwards compatible... Is it worth it to get one now?

Yes, the PS3 has an insane amount of good games imo. Every console is always worth it near the end if your interested in it since the price is always cheaper and its library will always be fleshed out.

esbegan likes this

I would say so since, if you have the cash for one since it does have an impressive library of games which probably won't be out on PS4's gaikai anytime soon.

I really want to buy a PS3 even PS4 is out now. Because of the great exclusive games specially The Last of Us.

Judge Lazar likes this

makes me wonder to buy a ps3 too, been a while since i put my ps2 down :D

PS3

-Cheaper

-Great Library of games (God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted, inFamous, Heavy Rain, etc)

-Games will still be released for the console.

PS4

-Better Specs(obviously)

-Doesn't have console seller games but will have in the future.(The price will probably reduce at that time)

*There are more points for each one but I was too lazy to think.

So in my opinion, Get a PS3.

esbegan likes this

I think it's worth buying a PS3. It's cheap and has a great library of games.

PS4 has better specs, but at the moment it has very few games to show off with it. Personally, I'm going to wait for some time until they've gained a better library and some exclusive titles that are really worth bragging about.

im thinking of getting it considering 

A: cheaper price and its bugs mostly  ironed out

B: huge library of games to play with cheaper prices

C: it'll still have support for at least a year after the PS4 is out

so those are my reasons but ey to his , his own

I'd highly recommend getting a PS3 if you never had one. Depends on how much you spend on the system you have games that are dirt cheap at this point.

Hi! So I have been a long time PC user. However, with the Persona 5 release announced, I am inclined on getting a PS3 for cheaper especially since PS4 is not backwards compatible... Is it worth it to get one now?

I bought the GTA 5 bundle. Came with the 3rd gen slim with 500gb.  I dunno if they still have them but that's the one I would suggest for the extra memory,, just because of the hard drive, but also because the console was manufactured recently, that may not mean anything, but I feel like it would have less chance to crap out.

I really want to buy a PS3 even PS4 is out now. Because of the great exclusive games specially The Last of Us.

Just started Last of Us tonight

Don't forget that online gaming on PS3 is free & doesn't require a  PS+ membership, unlike the PS4. 

Get both.

Also, PS4 doesn't have backward compatibility so I say at least get a PS3.

if you buy a PS4 you would have access to some PS3 games from a cloud (that im not sure how does it work) but i think this feature has not been install yet, so either you wait for this Cloud server, or well Buy both consoles <=.

Get a pre-owned PS3 it cost less and there still making great games like Destiny, The Evii Within on them and when you have enough money buy a ps4 with infamous

esbegan likes this

the ps3 has a lot of good new games like last of us, beyond two souls, and batman arkham origins, as well as many other classics. I would buy the PS3 on sale if i were you.

If youre not planning to buy a PS4 this year or early next year and wants to stay on last gen for awhile, then yes its it might be worth it.

I'm the same as you, Ive been itching out to buy ps3 just for exclusives but I preordered instead a PS4 (early 2014 shipment)..

I suggest you to preorder or buy(If you can find one right now) a PS4 instead since you can play some ps3 games on PS4 "gaikai streaming service" on 2015..

Source:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a534973/ps4-to-receive-gaikai-streaming-service-in-uk-in-2015.html

I ordered a PS3 last week(a few days after the Persona 5 announcement), seems like there's a lot of games that never made it over to PC that I'm quite interested in playing.

Plus it was only £200 for a 500GB version of the newest iteration of the console + assasins creed 4, seemed like a good deal to me.

So i said this before on someone who asked something similar, in my opinion you should definitely get one, PS3 will surely survive during the PS4's early years, it had such a large library of games that you can't really miss up especially now with the holiday deals, but even besides the fact its never to late or not worth it to invest in it, people buy a N64 just to play 3 games, granted its probably not as expensive as a PS3 but the same rules apply if you really want to play a certain game this is the best time still.

Yes,because PS3 does have  solid exclusives that are worth playing.