• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Scout

Magic: The Gathering

15 posts in this topic

I recently downloaded Magic: The Gathering 2014 for Xbox 360.

I used to play MtG waaaaaaaaay back in the day like in 1997-ish (I still have my old cards)  but fell out of it after college. I was thinking about getting back into it so I'm using the new digital game to familiarize myself with how much the game has changed.  There are so many damn box sets and booster packs and whatnot that It's kinda dizzying!! 

I decided to wait till I get used to playing the Digital version before I start buying physical cards again. 

Anyone here play MtG? Digital or Physical?

What are the cards to look out for these days?

What's your deck builds?  

Anyone playing multiplayer on MtG2014?

Feel free to use this thread to discuss all things Magic! :D

I have 2014 on steam and like 70lbs of cards in a box 5 feet from me.

Pretty much all that's changed is they added new creature abilities

I have the 2013 version on steam - I believe it was the 2013 version.
I'm not a huge fan of the game really. It's not just very appealing to me. You'll either steamroll the opponent or get steamroll'd basically.
Granted I've only played the start of the game and almost immediately lost interest in it because there's better card games out there.

I only played it for a very short time and later on some of the XBLA titles. I always played the Decipher Star Wars and Lord of the Rings card games instead, and now play a few from Fantasy Flight.

I didnt even know MTG existed until they put up the 2013 version for free on XBL as part as the games with old program they got going. At first I was disappointed by the choice of game but when I actually started playing it I was reminded of those old days when I played yugioh. So since then I have been playing the 2013 version online and I feel like I have mastered that shit but thats the only MTG I know. I dont actually have the cards or know past the 2013 version or anything before. I know the 2014 version is there for just 5 bucks I think but my XBL gold ran out and I cant buy stuff from the offers! 

I have a IRL friend that I didnt even know played MTG until I started playing it on xbox because he saw me playing it and I told him I liked it. I think he has hiding it from me because he thought I would laugh or something. Which is weird since he knows im a Star Wars nerd, I have a figurine collection of characters from FF, to Star Wars, to ME, even a damn pikachu! And we had spoken about card games before! The point is, not sure why he hid MTG from me, maybe I wouldve gotten into it sooner. Anyways, he says he goes to like this one place were they play MTG so when I have money I might just buy myself some cards and go.

Pretty much the only game i fire up Steam for.Btw if you search the strategy sub forum you will find i made a thread asking if anyone wanted to play.

I recently downloaded Magic: The Gathering 2014 for Xbox 360.

Why?Ughh...

Pretty much the only game i fire up Steam for.Btw if you search the strategy sub forum you will find i made a thread asking if anyone wanted to play.

Why?Ughh...

Huh! Didn't see that thread... even did a search. Weird.  

I downloaded it because it was free. :P    I was curious at first but after playing through a few boards, I'm reminded how much I really liked playing Magic. Still getting used to the new creature powers and scoping out some of the new cards that're out there. There seems to be a ton of familiar cards with just different artwork. 

My collection, old as it is, is probably worth a shit ton... I just never bothered to check and was too attached to them to sell them. They've been through move after move after move with me since I was 17 years old....  Damn that seems like a life-time ago. 

I'll have to check it out on Steam... wonder how much it costs. 

My sister's husband has a collection of Magic the Gathering. I never played it, but from the looks of it, looks cool. I might give it a go once the steam discount hits in.

Huh! Didn't see that thread... even did a search. Weird.  

I used an abriviation....my bad.

The thread is called "MTG2014 anyone?".

I live in a small town, pretty close to the only thing my friends and I do here. Anyone else like the smell of new cards?

Decks:

White/Green Human Token - Based around Hamlet Captain, Wayfaring Temple, and Crusader of Odric. Everything else ramps, buffs, or populates.

Blue/Red Counter-burn - The goal for this one was to stomp my buddy's life gain deck. (Guile, Fog Bank, Fluxcharger, Misc. Counters & damaging spells)

I was just thinking about finally finishing my cube. I'll have to look at what cards I've missed that have been released in the last year.

Physical only

Decks:

Open the Vaults and Niv Mizzet EDH ( I mostly only play cube)

I love MTG I played it since ´94 

Now I am a bit dissapointed with the battle of the planewalkers with the lack of deckbuilding in general.
But if anyone wanna play me on steam im always down for a game

I've played like 120 hours of the Steam version, so you can safely say I like the game  :P

Never played it IRL, although I'd like to, but I have nobody to play it with, and I'm too socially awkward to search for real people :P

Yeah I played magic from 3rd to the 5th. Today I kind of prefere LCG/CCG over TCG...

I have the digital version, but it always says no-one is playing haha... It's funny until I get disconnected from singleplayer games....