• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Percy The Catfish

Whats with all the console wars?

21 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this for some time now. Why do people have to get so violent over the various consoles that have just been released? I love my Xbox 360, I really do, and I cant wait until Christmas when I (hopefully) get my hands on a shiny new Xbox One! However, despite the fact that I solely play Xbox (DayZ and Minecraft on PC occasionally), I am not what many of you will call a 'Xbox Fanboy'. I really like some of PS3's franchises (God Of War and Last of Us especially), and I really like some of the features PS3 and Sony provide.

I don't just incessantly tend to hate on the other gaming machines available like some people; just because others like a different console doesn't mean you have to create huge arguments just to try and prove to yourself that your console is better. I think people should try to be more accepting and realise that all consoles have their advantages :)

Because they are emotionally invested in their toys.

The console wars are for children and betas.

This has been going on since the 8-bit era ant I don't think it'll change any time soon. I've personally had bad experiences with the Xbox 360 and that's the main reason I'll go for the PS4. But I actually prefer Nintendo. So what matters is flexibility.

This video might answer your question. Too lazy to actually reply to you with a full answer so I just point you to the vid. :P 

ClawManStar and like this

Competition that's what happening sony is winning by looks.

I have no idea why people "war" over which is better.

I have never really understood it because whatever game comes out I want to play if I don't have the device I get it.

It doesn't matter to me whether its a Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo or whatever brand.

A good game I want to play I will regardless of the device its on.

like this guy above me

relax buddy. It was a joke. Besides, I didn't take the picture.

I have no idea why people defend/act like free PR for multi billion dollar companies

sad people that need to be smug about electronics 

immature also

You are 100% correct.

People need to stop with the console wars....

We all know PC is far superior.

You are 100% correct.

People need to stop with the console wars....

We all know PC is far superior.

Easier to program for a console (cheaper) just sayin 

Easier to program for a console (cheaper) just sayin 

Is it easier?  How come?  The Windows platform is well documented, well understood, offers both upward and backward compatibility, and has excellent development tools that are mature available for it...........

Because they've got nothing else in their lives to be proud of. Kind of like how some racists take pride in being a certain color, because they've got nothing else to be proud of.

Qnz917 and Omg Long Hair like this

Is it easier?  How come?  The Windows platform is well documented, well understood, offers both upward and backward compatibility, and has excellent development tools that are mature available for it...........

Its Easier Because its All just one Thing when you make a PC game you have to design it to work on MANY settings and MANY layouts not counting the Different Hardware for EVERY SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE, This can get Farther Complicated and Can be more Expensive then on PC but there is LESS "Guess" work Lets look at Borderlands for Example now look at both you would not now any better but take a Peak at that Coding and you Realize it is MUCH more Complex on PC then on Console This is Because a Company wants THERE game to SELL AND if you make a game that only works on HIGH end Shit you lose 25%+ of you Target Group and that = Loss of Profit Were with the Console so long as it is Stable and Works you can send it out the Door NO Problems.

Should also State there is MORE then Just windows out there and Windows is NOT a game Engine 

Anybody see the new South Park, absolutely hilarious.

you kinda GOING WAY off Topic there man

For me the console wars are kinda....akward...

I dont really care if its xbox, nintendo, or ps - the only thing that matters is gameplay -resolution and story ...at least for me.

Any console has its particular bestsellers, we shouldnt brag who surpasses the other.

Hey, we need SOMETHING to fight over!