• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Recent Angry Rant for Wonder Woman's casting choice opinions.

18 posts in this topic

Apparently Gal Gadot from the Fast and Furious movie is going to play Wonder Woman in the Batman/Superman film. What do you guys think?

Me personally, at least it's not Megan Fox.

And like Ben Afflect, only time will tell if they will do good or not. I mean I never expected Michael Keaton to be a great Batman or even Heath Ledger to be the fantastic Joker, but they defy all expectations.

iGun likes this

They should do a Weird Science project on the Wonder Woman from:

Can't see anything wrong with her playing the part. If that project fails, perhaps they should give Gina Carano the role, I think she'd be a great fit.

Give the woman a chance first Joe! Maybe she turns out alright.

I'm just hoping they make Wonder Woman (NOT WOMEN) badass. If they're just using the actor (and by extension character) because "OMGZ YOU GUYS WE NEED SOME TITTIES IN THE MOVIE OR WE WON'T GET MONIEZ!", then I'm gonna FLIP OU- =][= TRANSMISSION ENDS =][=

Wonder WOMAN.

Well, I wondered who would notice first :D

These were just Joes first impressions (he's entitled to have an opinion) and you have to agree that physically Gal Gadot is not close to the source material, that of course can be achieved but it would take some time to get her bulked up but im sure I read somewhere that she used to be a physical trainer so maybe that will come easy to her. There is a lot of responsibility to get this casting right as Im sure Wonder Woman is an icon to many, the person they choose must be able to act aswell as cope with the physical side. As many people say that Gina Carano cannot act she is also a no for me although Gal Gadot does not seem the best actress either, time will tell.

I personally enjoyed Man Of Steel and was looking forward to watching how they developed Superman/ Clarks character and adding such big characters to the movie could muddy the water a little and it is supposed to be a Superman sequel afterall. However I hope to be proven wrong and that they make a kick ass movie.

It all depends on Gabot willing to meet the body size requirement of Wonder Woman. What kind of costume is she going to wear? I can imagine WB trying to ruin it by having Gabot wear very little to show off her figure. 

What's irritating is... the fact that there's Wonder Woman in an originally Batman and Superman film... which is basically another Superman movie like "Returns" or "Man of Steel"... with Batman. Not that it's an issue, but it's unusual to just say a character is just going to be included in a movie that's really just more fuel to the fire to the people who make it their life-long crusade, to argue, who's the better hero, or who'd win in a fight. No matter what happens at the end, there's going to be an uproar and another Angry Rant.

Then again, it is Hollywood and they pull stunts like this all the time, so I'll not bother to delve into it. Hope it's a good film. I'm more into DC than Marvel and DC's films aside from the Batman's from Christopher Nolan, haven't been... too great... *cough* Green Lantern *cough*. 

Hey Joe! It's time now the pic has been released that you told us what you think. 
Here are my thoughts taken from a recent conversation with my friends on the subject over Facebook:

In my honest opinion it's a bad cast and the outfit is too dark in colour.
The colours for the Man of Steel suit were darker but very well designed and the removal of the outer pants was a good choice for live action in this period. So why not the same for Wonder Woman? It's fairly accurate in it's arrangement where the eagle bustier, WW belt, tiara and gauntlets are concerned but it's just a bit too Frank Miller to coincide with the universe we've seen so far in Man of Steel.
Gal Gadot is pretty and has clearly put on a hell of a lot of muscle for the role so I'm not taking that away from her. But an Amazonian woman should be far "grander" than she is. They would have been better casting someone in the same vein as Lucy Lawless (though not actually Lucy Lawless). That is a woman you'd think twice about getting into a fist fight with! 
And the sword? Meh

This is hilarious to look at. The fact that people are already judging her just because she's not the right body size is just brilliant. You people do realise that as much as wonder woman as strong as she was the comics made her out to be very slender with broad shoulder and tall.

3895590-wonder_woman_with_sword_by_jgiam

For example. The only thing they would have to do to Gal Gadot is add a few inches. A pair of high heal boots will do it. As long as she is as tall as superman and batman then if she plays the part well who gives a flying fuck ?
I think she will do fine. Gal Gadot is not the issue in this movie. It is Ben Affleck. As much as Michael Keaton shocked everybody with his batman performance, he has still had some very serious roles before hand. Name one role that Ben Affleck has had that anyone was ACTUALLY interested in and wasn't disappointed in.

Now you have your problem.

I'm just hoping they make Wonder Woman (NOT WOMEN) badass. If they're just using the actor (and by extension character) because "OMGZ YOU GUYS WE NEED SOME TITTIES IN THE MOVIE OR WE WON'T GET MONIEZ!", then I'm gonna FLIP OU- =][= TRANSMISSION ENDS =][=

Superman's a murderer, Green Lantern's just terrible, Green Arrow is a Broody Batman wannabe with a bow and Batman hasn't been a detective for years now(Though that might be fixed in the new movie at least his suit finally looks right), what makes you think there's a possibility of Wonder Woman being done right?

This is hilarious to look at. The fact that people are already judging her just because she's not the right body size is just brilliant. You people do realise that as much as wonder woman as strong as she was the comics made her out to be very slender with broad shoulder and tall.

Looking the part, can be just as important as acting it.

Gal Gadot however, has problems with both things.

She still doesn't look as muscular as people are expecting her to, which sort of breaks the character, because Wonder Woman is supposed to be somewhat muscular, what with being an Amazon and all that.

For example. The only thing they would have to do to Gal Gadot is add a few inches. A pair of high heal boots will do it. As long as she is as tall as superman and batman then if she plays the part well who gives a flying fuck ?

I think she will do fine.

Well, they've clearly gone ahead and added the heels, because of course they would, It's part of the costume.

But height isn't the whole issue. If she's still model skinny, it won't matter how tall she is, she's supposed to look tough, and Gal Gadot hasn't ever looked tough.

Of course, as you say, If she acts the part, all will be well. But Gal Gadot hasn't done a whole lot of movies, or TV shows. So we don't really know If she's up to the task.

But she was in the Israeli Defense Force for a few years, so that's a plus for her.

I think the core of peoples issues, including mine, with her, Is that we simply don't know If she's a good enough actress to pull of a good Wonder Woman, because she still doesn't really look like one.

Gal Gadot is not the issue in this movie. It is Ben Affleck. As much as Michael Keaton shocked everybody with his batman performance, he has still had some very serious roles before hand. Name one role that Ben Affleck has had that anyone was ACTUALLY interested in and wasn't disappointed in.

Now you have your problem.

He was nominated for best performance/actor awards in these films:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_%282012_film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywoodland_%28film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon_%281998_film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Will_Hunting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_in_Love

Personally, I loved him in Pearl Harbor too. Apart from those, he's won many awards for his directing, and writing.

Also, he actually looks the part:

Batman-Affleck-Costume-Color.jpg

InvertXnY, Puntosmx and Gone too like this

Considering WW is an amazon the choice in actor to play her is just bad imo.

Gina Carano would have been a much better choice.

She doesn't seem to fit the physical stereotype of an amazon but then can anyone really say Lynda Carter did either :P

I think she has promise and will wait and see.

People keep bringing up the Amazon thing but the Amazons in the comics are not that big. They've never been bulky outside of "feminist" fan arts. 

People keep bringing up the Amazon thing but the Amazons in the comics are not that big. They've never been bulky outside of "feminist" fan arts. 

Most of the no but WW was always portrayed as a more bulky character.